Sunday, July 13, 2008

4B Reflections Redo

Grade 4B: 2 Comment 4B: Thank you for your reflection on a classmate. However your assignment is very incomplete. For full credit follow the format I gave: Dear Professor Guerini, I re did this assignment, as I finally understood the directions. I am so grateful that you let me redo this, for I put in so much energy to this class and really want to achieve an A grade. You are the best for letting me fix this. I am so grateful to you and this whole experience.  

Thank you, Joey Fitch

1. Who is your classmate, what is the component category, what is the name of the choice? 1pt

Jena Barcojo is my classmate, and in Component Assignment #3A she wrote about the world city of San Francisco, just like me.

2. What is something similar this classmate said about the choice? 1pt 

Jena also focused on how diverse the culture is in the city of San Francisco. We both felt it had such an array of interesting cultures and cultural attractions. We also both wrote that the Golden Gate Bridge is one spectacular attraction to see if one visits the city.

3. What is something different this classmate said about the choice? 1pt

Jena said that the 1906 earthquake diminished three quarters of the city. I did not know this. She also mentioned the gay and lesbian populations and how San Francisco is known for this population of people.

4. How would you relate this to Freire's ideas regarding dialogue? For example, you went in thinking one idea; your classmate had a different idea. What new idea emerged from this process? 2pts.

Freire believed that learners need to deposit something inside their banks of knowledge, and Jena was a good teacher, for she took some of what I knew and added more knowledge to my “bank deposit.” I went in thinking about the city in terms of attractions, cultures, and population, and Jena opened my eyes to the destruction of the 1906 earthquake and how cultures had to come to together to help rebuild the city.

 

No comments: